In this role, you will perform electrical design and physical assembly activities related to custom design-build or build-to-print equipment projects. You will analyze and interpret complex customer specifications and develop the required technical calculations and documentation while conforming to the company’s quality systems as documented (we run an NQA-1 Quality program and maintain a 508A UL panel shop certification). On most projects, you will assume the electrical project engineering role related to planning, directing, and testing products and projects. Work is performed within a broad framework of general policies and requires creativity and resourcefulness to accomplish goals and objectives and to apply concepts, plans and strategies that may deviate from traditional methods and practices.
Pay Range: $85,000 - $110,000 annually
Benefits include: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k) with company match, Aflac, Life, Long and Short-term disability, Vacation and Sick pay accruals, Safety boot and Safety RX eyeglass reimbursement, Company store, EAP and more!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Creates or interprets specifications, data sheets, P&ID’s and schematics for both build to print and design-build custom equipment.
· Works with project teams and customers to ensure the products conform to customer requirements and meet the customer’s needs.
· Develops the required drawings, procedures, and Bills of Materials for electrical component procurement and electrical assembly into custom equipment.
· Assembles wiring and electrical components.
· Keeps abreast of current design practices and procedures.
· Produces detailed technical submittal documents in support of assigned projects.
· Participates in technical reviews and project status meetings as the electrical technical lead.
· Plans electrical design activities related to a job, including setting schedule milestones, review points, and deadlines.
· Develops and writes project-related conformance documentation – testing, manuals, plans, etc.
· Performs factory and site acceptance testing, including traveling to customer facilities.
· Assists and writes deviation requests and non-conformance reports.
· Specifies and quotes complex or non-stock items.
· Assists in engineering overhead activities – CAD administration, engineering procedure development, etc.
· Supports production staff in assembly of electrical enclosures and wiring of equipment.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
· Technical Associates Degree (A.S.) from an ABET accredited institution (7+ yrs experience).
· Or Bachelor’s Degree (B.S.) in Electrical Engineering from an ABET accredited institution (5+ yrs experience).
· Well-rounded background in core electrical engineering concepts.
· Strong manufacturing/DFM/DFA background desired.
· Familiarity or experience with Nuclear Quality Assurance (NQA-1) standard strongly desired.
SKILLS and ABILITIES:
Possess the ability to read and interpret fabrication drawings and process and instrumentation diagrams. Has In-depth knowledge of diversified, fundamental scientific electrical design components, connections, and installation. One must possess strong computer knowledge and be familiar with standard desktop software in addition to AutoCad or other 2D drafting software.