Job Title: Carpenter and Fabricator
Pay Range: $20.00-$23.00 per hour (DOE)
Shift: 1 st shift 6am - 4pm Monday through Friday
We are seeking a skilled and detail-oriented Carpenter and Fabricator to join our trade show company. In this role, you will be responsible for constructing, assembling, and installing custom exhibits, displays, and booths for various trade shows and events. You will work closely with our design and production teams to bring their concepts to life and ensure the highest quality craftsmanship. The ideal candidate should have strong carpentry skills, excellent problem-solving abilities, and the ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
- Interpret and understand technical drawings, blueprints, and design specifications to build and assemble custom exhibits and displays.
- Select appropriate materials and tools based on project requirements.
- Perform accurate measurements and calculations to ensure precise cuts, fittings, and installations.
- Utilize various carpentry techniques, such as framing, joinery, and finishing, to construct high-quality structures.
- Operate and maintain a wide range of carpentry and fabrication tools, including power tools, saws, drills, and sanders.
- Collaborate with the design and production teams to provide input and insights on constructability and feasibility of designs.
- Ensure that all structures are sturdy, stable, and safe for use by adhering to building codes and safety guidelines.
- Conduct quality checks to ensure finished products meet the company's standards and client expectations.
- Assist in the setup and dismantling of trade show exhibits and booths at event venues.
- Maintain an organized and clean workshop area, ensuring tools and materials are properly stored and maintained.
- Monitor inventory levels of materials and supplies and communicate any needs or shortages to the appropriate personnel.
- Proven experience as a Carpenter or Fabricator, preferably in a trade show or event industry.
- Proficient in various carpentry techniques, including framing, joinery, finishing, and installation.
- Strong knowledge of different materials and their applications, such as wood, metal, plastic, and fabric.
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings, blueprints, and design specifications.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to think creatively to overcome challenges.
- Familiarity with carpentry and fabrication tools, both hand tools and power tools.
- Solid understanding of building codes and safety regulations.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to work with precision.
- Effective time management skills and the ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication and teamwork abilities.
- Physical stamina and the ability to lift heavy objects and stand for extended periods.
- Flexibility to work irregular hours and travel to trade show venues as needed.
If you feel you meet the requirements and are excited about joining our team, we would love to hear from you. Please submit your resume, portfolio (if available), and any relevant certifications or references for consideration.