As a second-generation, family-owned enterprise, our client offers a diverse range of construction, manufacturing, advanced fabrication and building services. They represent seven distinct lines of business that work together to provide seamless project collaboration. Our exclusive building methodologies, accredited safety standards and professional execution allow us to turn our customers’ greatest concepts into reality.
The Financial Analyst (Accountant II) is responsible for day to day accounting functions and assisting operations in exceeding the expectations of our clients. Will lead the company towards Power BI integration. Will work with business unit leaders with Budgeting, Forecasting, reducing unapproved items, and assisting in making business units run smoother and more efficiently.
- Assist Controller/CFO in providing timely and accurate financial statements.
- Assist with yearly audits.
- Completion of monthly and annual financial statements.
- Fiscal year budgeting.
- Organize data into accessible reports and perform various types of analysis
- Write data-backed reports to support the management team in strategic decision-making decisions
- Ad-Hoc Reporting and Analysis.
- Implement and work with a Balanced Scorecard and Dashboard reports
- Drive the business planning and strategic management of company/business units.
- Accounts receivable collections, including securing lien rights.
- Cash management.
- Fixed asset management.
- Ensure timely and accurate monthly and annual financial reporting.
- Ensure that purchased goods and services are provided in accordance with purchasing requirements, and to exert adequate control over suppliers to ensure reliability.
- Indirect supervision.
- Fully competent in all conventional aspects of subject matter or functional area.
- Plans and conducts work requiring judgment in independent evaluation, selection and substantial adaptation/modification of standards.
- Devises new solutions to problems encountered.
- Independently performs most assignments with instruction
- Receives guidance for unusual or complex problems and supervisor approval for changes in standards.
- College/University graduate with a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or a similar field and 4 - 6 years relevant experience or equivalent combination of skills and experience generally expected for specified technical roles.
- Viewpoint Vista, Great Plains, ERP experience preferred.
- Advanced Excel skills required
- Ability to prioritize daily tasks and meet timely obligations with many clients
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Requires the use of advanced techniques and knowledge within his/her function.
- Applies diversified knowledge of applicable principles and practices to a broad variety of assignments.
- Makes decisions independently regarding complexities and methods.
- Personal integrity when working with personal and sensitive financial information
- Liaison to groups within and outside of his/her organization with responsibility to act independently regarding matters pertaining to his/her function.
- Excellent reporting, presenting and communication skills
- Ability to work with large datasets
- Microsoft PowerBI experience required
Safety is Our Top Priority
- Comply with all company policies and procedures.
- All employees are accountable for safety and health and are empowered to stop work if an unsafe condition is present. Employees should immediately notify their supervisor so that the hazard may be corrected.
Our strong commitment to safety, wellness and employee development has earned us prestigious accolades:
- ABC Step Awards
- ACCA Award Member
- AGC Safety Utah
- American Heart Association Fit-Friendly Worksite Award
- Wellness Workdays and Harvard Medical School Best Wellness Employer Certification
- Colorado Workforce Development Council Excellence in Apprenticeship Award
- Business Experiential Learning Commission Colorado Apprentice Award
In addition to our engagement with the community, we have been acknowledged in:
- Denver Business Journal Corporate Philanthropy rankings
- Named among The Civic 50 Colorado as one of the most community-minded companies
Each of our business units has its own impressive list of awards and recognitions, such as:
- Engineering News Record Top 20 Firms in Steel Erection
- ABC Excellence in Construction Awards
- AGC Awards for Construction Excellence
- Xcel Energy Top Trade Partner in Energy Efficiency
- USGBC LEED Program Member
- IECRM Annual Summit Awards
- MFG Magazine Colorado Manufacturing Awards